A living room with a proper sofa set is attractive. Sofas come in a variety of shapes, styles and sizes to enhance the beauty of your living room.
It is the best furniture to sit as comfortable as possible and interact with people in the most relaxing pose. A quality sofa set is worth your investment as they can last for decades without any heavy maintenance. With long sofas, you can even lie down and watch TV or access your smartphone. Check out the top 10 best sofas you can buy online below.
List of the 10 Best Sofa Brands in 2019.
10 Best Sofa Brands Reviews By Consumer Reports of 2019.
1. Stone & Beam Lauren Down Sofa
This has a casual look and is in a classic style. Furthermore, this overstuffed sofa will let you relax with ease. This can be a perfect piece of furniture for your home and has heavy wear. It is in a perfect dimension and is in two colors.
- Durable, stain resistant, and moisture repelling.
- Casual, comfortable, and no assembling.
- Two colors option and solid hardwood frame.
2. Rivet Revolve Modern Sofa
This has classic elements that will blend with your own style. Furthermore, you can use it as a multipurpose tool, and you will only have to attach the legs for assembling. This is contemporary and has a solid wood frame. This also has beech wood legs that provide good stability.
- Streamlined design and multipurpose use.
- Simple assembling and comfortable.
- Long lasting fabric and sturdy composition.
3. Divano Roma Furniture Sectional Sofa
In this, you will have to perform minor assembling by just adding the screw on legs. Furthermore, it will let you rest comfortably on it and is available in three different colors. This is also very durable and is in a smooth design. Crafted finely, this is also in a perfect size.
- Comfortable, attractive, and durable.
- Microfiber upholstery with detachable legs.
- Stable and easy to assemble.
4. Rivet Sloane Tufted Modern Sofa
Furthermore, this is in a perfect dimension and is extremely comfortable. This has a curved silhouette, and you will find hand-tufting with buttons located on the back pillow. This will provide a smart look to your living room, and you can choose from three wonderful colors.
- Three color options and easy to assemble.
- Durable design with a hardwood frame.
- Bright color and solid beech wood legs.
5. Stone & Beam Classic Leather Sofa
It requires very less time to assembling and is very convenient. Furthermore, this is easy to clean, and you do it with a dry cloth or vacuum. You can also go for spot clean, and it will let you choose from four different shades.
- Traditional design with leather upholstery.
- Large size and quick to assemble.
- Durable hardwood frame and easy to clean.
6. Stone & Beam Dalton Sectional Sofa
This has a combination of polyester and nylon fabric and is very durable. It is soft and stylish and includes expert tailoring. Furthermore, this is perfect for heavy-duty wear and has a laminate wood frame. It also has solid hardwood and lets you sit in it with comfort.
- Transitional style and easy to clean.
- Stain resistant and moisture repelling fabric.
- Durable, no installation, and crisp tailoring.
7. Rivet Modern Velvet Sofa
This is stylish and sturdy and provides you with comfort and luxury. The fashionable sofa is in a contemporary design and lets you clean it with ease. Furthermore, this has reversible cushions that make it extremely durable. This will let you choose from two different colors and is perfect for quiet lounging.
- Reversible cushions and extremely durable.
- Fashionable, comfortable, an easy to clean.
- Heavy-duty fabric, velvety look, and slim profile.
8. Classic Linen Fabric Sofa by Divano Roma Furniture
Furthermore, this is composed of handpicked linen fabric and is very durable. It has a perfect dimension and includes firm cushions. This has short legs that provide good stability. It has a soft exterior and lets you relax with ease.
- Different color options and extremely stylish.
- Soft and comfortable, and upholstered in linen fabric.
- Sturdy and easy to assemble.
9. Stone & Beam Leila Tufted Sofa
You will also find tight and fixed back, and the reversible cushions give added durability. Furthermore, this is quick to assemble and can be done in under 15 minutes. This is stylish and provides you with multiple color options. This is also easy to clean, and you can wipe it with a soft and dry cloth.
- Easy to assemble and added durability.
- Attractive finish with plush upholstery and vintage appearance.
- Reversible and removable seat covers.
10. Divano Roma Furniture Modern Soft Velvet Sofa
This is very attractive and is perfect to receive compliments from your friends. Furthermore, it requires minor assembling and comes with all the hardware. This is stylish and provides you with comfort when you sit on it. This is very reliable and has stable feet. This is attractive and is in a perfect dimension.
- Soft velvet upholstery and stable.
- Wooden frame and easy assembling.
- Multiple color options and traditional design.
What should I look for when buying a sofa?
Upholstery: With good upholstery, you will not only get an attractive look but will also provide you with a comfortable feel. The upholstery should be soft and can be of any fabric including linen, polyester, tweed, or leather. If you are looking it for durability, then leather can be your best choice. Cowhide leather has a soft touch but can be tough to clean. Bonded leather is affordable but does not offer much durability.
Material: Material is another important thing that a buyer cannot neglect. Sofa frames either are made of metal or wood, and all of them come at a varied price. The different types of woods used are hardwood, particleboard, and kiln-dried hardwood. Particleboards are lightweight and affordable but are fragile. Hardwood can be of any type of wood and is durable. If you are looking for something more durable, then a kiln-dried hardwood will be better. This is very strong and is less prone to snap or warp. The metal-made frame is durable and does not snap. However, they have a tendency to bend over time.
Frame: The frame assembling determines the stability of the sofa. There are two types of frame assembling.
- Stapled Frame: This is inexpensive and can hold different types of woods at a time. This will provide a perfect picture frame but is less durable and less sturdy.
- Double Doweled Frame: This is highly durable and has a solid structure. This has high quality and has joints are with dowels that are inserted into holes by using screws and glues.
Space: By measuring the space, you can select the appropriate sofa for your home. See if it gets perfectly in your living room without making much adjustment. You must give prime importance to the sofa length and the depth of the seat. If you consider lying down on your sofa, then it is better to go to the one that has a better room. If the sofa is for an apartment, then a large size will be a better choice. Some sectional sofas will allow up to seven people sit at a time.
Seat: A sofa that provides comfort while sitting is an ideal sofa. A seat cushion with high-density foam is comfortable and will retain its shape for a longer time. However, it can be expensive. If budget is your concern, then you can go for low-density foam, but this is not durable. The most comfortable sitting is by down cushions that have goose down. This can be allergic to people who cannot resist feathers.
Other Factors: See if the back cushion is removable, which allows you to clean it with ease. Moreover, see if it has a tight back and that the cushions are in one frame. This will avoid the cushions from shifting around and lets you sit comfortably. Moreover, a user can select from the different types of styles to match his or her décor. You can also look out for stability and adjustability. Some sofas will let you sleep on it, and there are also motion sofas that are perfect for reclining.
You should not have a second thought about buying a proper sofa set for your home. We have listed the sofas from the best brands so that you can get complete value for your money. Keeping the buying guide in mind to purchase the best possible sofa set where your body can relax, and you can chill with your friends and family members. All the different varieties are available to suit your requirements. Go through them to understand their features and properties for easy decision-making.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the best quality furniture brands?
The followings are the top 5 best quality furniture brands –
- Hooker Furniture
- Stone & Beam
- Divano Roma Furniture
What are the best sofa brands?
The followings are the top 5 best sofa brands –
- Stone & Beam
- Divano Roma Furniture
- B&B Italia
- Hooker Furniture
How much should I spend on a new sofa?
How much you have to spend on a sofa set depends on the space available in your living room. With just the main frame 4-seater sofa, it will cost you somewhere between $250 to $700 depending on the brand, design, material, filling, and overall quality.Besides, there are full sofa sets available with mainframe and side safe pieces. Similarly, there are sectional sofa sets as well present. On average, most of the people spend around $400 for the traditional leather sofa set.
What is the best filling for sofas?
When it comes to filling for sofas, there are three options available starting with F. They are foam, feather, and fiber. However, most of the sofa sets are made up of a perfect combination of these three materials.Foam – The common of them is foam which offers great support and helps to retain the shape of the cushion. Besides, it has low maintenance as there is a need for constant fluffing. However, you should opt for a high-density foam sofa set.
Fiber or Polyester – Fiber based sofa set has a great sinking feeling, and there are mostly used on the back and arm filling. Besides, it is suitable for those with sensitive skin having allergy issues and asthma. However, fiber is not directly used as they are always filled with foam or feather.
Feather – The softest of all sofas are the ones filled with feathers. Generally, duck feathers are used, and they are mostly available in a plush lounge setup. However, they need regular maintenance as they are not waterproof and any spillage can damage them permanently.
Instead of opting for a single filling, it is best to select a sofa set having a perfect combination of all these three filling material.
What are the top rated sofas?
- List of the 10 Best Sofa Brands in 2019.
- 10 Best Sofa Brands Reviews By Consumer Reports of 2019.
- 1. Stone & Beam Lauren Down Sofa
- 2. Rivet Revolve Modern Sofa
- 3. Divano Roma Furniture Sectional Sofa
- 4. Rivet Sloane Tufted Modern Sofa
- 5. Stone & Beam Classic Leather Sofa
- 6. Stone & Beam Dalton Sectional Sofa
- 7. Rivet Modern Velvet Sofa
- 8. Classic Linen Fabric Sofa by Divano Roma Furniture
- 9. Stone & Beam Leila Tufted Sofa
- 10. Divano Roma Furniture Modern Soft Velvet Sofa
- What should I look for when buying a sofa?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the best quality furniture brands?
- What are the best sofa brands?
- How much should I spend on a new sofa?
- What is the best filling for sofas?
- What are the top rated sofas?